WHO WE ARE
The History Center for Aransas County showcases local heritage. Outdoor and indoor exhibits tell the stories of the real people of Aransas County. The Center provides space for displays, workshops, meetings and gatherings.
WHAT WE DO
Ensure that the history of Aransas County is preserved, showcased and celebrated through unique venues.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The Friends of the History Center will:
1. Manage a facility (venue) to showcase Aransas County heritage for visitors.
2. Collect and document artifacts important to Aransas County.
3. Educate parties interested in history with exhibits, events, programs and outreach.
4. Promote historic preservation by uniting history groups and marketing ideas.
5. Secure funding to accomplish goals.
ABOUT THE HOUSE
This Queen Victorian cottage was built in the late 1800s. It first sat on Laurel St. then at 910 Concho. It was moved to this property that was donated by Dr. Gary and Rita Gilbert in 2012. Read more information about previous owners below
President – Ron Melvin
Vice-President - Pam Stranahan
Treasurer – Melinda Gudim
Secretary- David Kroskie
Pam (Patricia) Stranahan
Office 361 727-9214